Monday, May 26, 2008

Isn't it ironic?

For anyone who knows me I am a big organizer. When I am stressed I make lists, I become the queen of task management, I dissect tasks and problems in to tiny subatomic pieces.
What is funny about that is that most of the time things work themselves out and my lists become unneeded. This week I have been making my self-ugly with stress by worrying about yesterday’s show which started 30 minutes after I got off work. At the end of the day God took care of me and my workload was half as heavy as it usually was and I got off 15 minutes early and was the first one to get to the stage. Ironic, considering I had 3 back up plans if I was late to my own show.

That was yesterday, Today is going to be almost annoyingly mellow. It is Memorial Day and after that I have two days of school left then the weekend. And Finally on Monday I start my day job. Scary isn’t it that I have a real job? It scares me how fast we have all grown up this year. It seems just yesterday W was making penis jokes (oh wait was..) One of my friends from middle school I kind of lost contact with has recently gotten engaged. It seems so strange that this is really happening but at the same time I am so excited for the future. I cannot wait to start university, I cannot wait to rush, I cannot wait to meet all the new amazing people and I cannot wait to share all of this with all of my old friends. I kind of wonder what will happen to all of us. I know deep in my heart it will only be good things.

3 comments:

Task Guru said...

Try this tool - http://www.statuswiz.com

Leira Violet said...

The funny thing about having a job, I was so fearful of being 'tied down' that I hated the idea of a job. However, now I see that whenever you do something you actually like or find a way to like it your not really being 'tied down'. Sorry that is really off track of what you were talking about, but what you said sparked the thought.

Now to comment on your actual post :). I love it when God comes through to help even (and especially) when you expect he won't. It's just a nice little nudge reminding that he is still here.
It is interesting to see how much we have grown, but it's a good thing. In 9th grade you weren't make to do lists and everything that you are doing now. Well, if you were, I didn't know about it. We're moving on. Transitioning. Thankfully it is not a difficult one with a rude wakening or we have parents that just drop us off, but are actually guiding us to. I've said to much, I'll shall stop now. Lots of luvz! :)

Sarah said...

I make lists when I am stressed too. It must be some kind of coping mechanism.

Where are you working?! You never told me about this!!

And you are going to rush? Exciting! I'm thinking about rushing up at OSU. I don't know though. Hm...

P.S. - Nothing will EVER happen to our friendship - that is, other than grow!! I love you miss amanda!